Gressier Health Center
PSF Canada in collaboration with the Health Center of Gressier Haiti with the financial and professional support of pharmacy students and pharmacists will conduct a development mission in 2016-2018 at the Gressier Health Center and other local Health centers.
Review the role of the pharmacist as a resource person on the proper use of medicines
Review the good pharmaceutical practice i.e. the right patient, the right medication, the right dose, the right route and the right time to be at the center of decisions making.
Review the distribution of medicines and pharmaceutical care recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Optimize patient outcomes through the judicious use, safe, efficient, appropriate and effective medicines.
Job Description: Mission training pharmacist supervisor in Haiti
Title: Volunteer Pharmacist
Service: Education committee in humanitarian aid
Contribution: A contribution as a donation of approximately $3500 to $4000 to PSF Canada is required. This donation will automatically confer annual membership to PSF Canada. An income tax receipt will be issued.
Duration: Missions of four weeks from:
- April 4th to April 28th, 2016
Two to three pre-mission meetings and one post mission meeting will be required with the Mission Lead and the students.
Brief description of the position: The education committee in humanitarian aid, under PSF- Canada, is looking for a pharmacist wishing to participate in an international cooperation for a duration of 4 weeks in Haiti to accomplish the established mission objectives and to supervise a group of 2 to 3 pharmacy students and/or a pharmacy technician.
- Participate in the training and preparation of pharmacy students and pharmacy technicians
- Supervise mission activities
- Submit mission report
- Upon return, participate in a debriefing meeting with Mission lead, to assess and improve the structure of the mission.
- Local personnel training on inventory management and the redesigning of the workflow of the pharmacy. In the health centers, the management of the pharmacy is not always carried out by a pharmacist, the local pharmacy manager must be able to know how to properly manage all inventory of the establishment. PSF Canada will implement the training program for pharmacy managers; and will ensure the theoretical and practical applications in the pharmacy health centers.
- The pictogram project: In an environment where illiteracy affects over 50% adult population and in which there is no universal system for providing medication to patient in place, patient counseling is compromised. The pictograms are small illustrations to explain dosage and the details of pharmacological treatment. This improves adherence to treatment and aims to ensure optimal transmission of information so that the patient takes his medication properly to achieve the desired results.
- Training on health topics to local population: Several trainings can be given to the population, whether with children, pregnant women or villagers. These aim the prevention and treatment of various health problems and health education.
- Training of medical staff: Scientific presentations are also conducted with physicians, pharmacist and nurses in order to discuss the different practices.
- Topical preparations for dermatology: The preparation of topical products by the pharmacy can solve many skin problems. This involves providing tools for developing these preparations and training the local staff.
- Pharmacy degree (B.Sc. Pharm. or B. Pharm. or Pharm. D.)
- Licenced in Canada, in good standing order.
- Previous humanitarian experience and training as a clinical associate are an asset.
- Must commit to complete necessary training required by the Education Committee of PSF-Canada.
- Working knowledge of French
Please note that no compensation is provided for the pharmacist. All costs must be assumed by the volunteer pharmacist.
- Local transportation in connection with the mission
- Travel Insurance
Please send your application as follows:
Motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae before July 25, 2016 at http://psfcanada.org/benevole-volunteer.asp
For more information, contact Delphine Bercier, Haiti Mission Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission in pictures