TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT
Job title: Pharmacist Educator
Polish not mandatory but an asset
DURATION OF THE ASSIGMENT AND DEPARTURE DATE EXPECTED
2 Weeks, position starting September 2019
COUNTRY AND PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT
Bydgoszcz is a city in northern Poland, on the Brda and Vistula rivers. It is a buzzing city with beautiful nature, several universities and an important cultural center with one of Poland’s best concert halls.
The city is part of the Bydgoszcz–Toruń metropolitan area, which totals over 850,000 inhabitants. Bydgoszcz is the seat of Casimir the Great University, University of Technology and Life Sciences and a conservatory, as well as the Medical College of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń.
The languages spoken are: Polish and some English
To provide an educational workshop about the Pharmaceutical Care model and its implication in Canadian Pharmacy, with the ultimate goal of integrating aspects of it into the Polish pharmacy model.
Collaborate with the University of Bydgoszczto improve training of future health care professionals
The goals for the mission include:
To assist in the education and teaching on the basics of Pharmaceutical Care to a diverse audience (up to 90 participants) that includes:
- Local community and hospital pharmacists
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pharmacy owners
- Students (Pharmacy and Medicine)
- Individuals with industry and technology background
The one day workshops will be held over a 9 hours day and consists of several teaching modules:
- Pharmaceutical Care and communication
- Medication use reviews (MURs)
- Drug interaction review
- Focus on herbal and supplements drug interaction and evidence based treatment
Each module should include a didactic lecture followed by group discussion case to allow participants to directly use the skills you have taught them in the lecture.
Lectures material preparation and quiz:
- Prepare material to be presented in the workshop in power point
- Prepare a quiz with multiple choice questions about the content of the workshop
- Prepare a presenters’ evaluation feedback form to be completed by participant
Evaluating and improving medication-use processes with the goal of optimal patient outcomes:
- Observe the dispensing process in a Polish pharmacy
- Discuss the differences in practice between the two countries
- Offer suggestions about ways to implement the Pharmaceutical Care Process into their daily workflow
- Discuss barriers that prevent Polish pharmacists from implementing some Pharmaceutical Care Services
- Show the importance of patients counseling and non-prescription drug interactions
Desired mission outcome
- Improve medication safety
- Improve/standardize medication use processes
- Demystify the process of drug use evaluation
- Demonstrate the importance of continuing education for healthcare professional
Duration of term: 2 weeks, September 2019
Living expenses (meals and housing) and airfare are paid
Education: Pharmacy Degree mandatory and Hospital Pharmacy degree or experience.
Experience in medication management
List and of Good Pharmaceutical Practices; solid knowledge of software (Word and Power Point).
Spoken and written English a must, English-Polish bilingualism an asset.
Skills and qualifications: Attention to detail and organizational skills, open-mindedness and flexibility, presentation skills in front of large audience.
Please send your resume and motivation letter to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
June 15th, 2019
Until vacancy is filled