Pharmacist needed, are you in ?
PWB Canada started a new mission in November 2018 at the Centre de Santé de Kétou, in Benin. The Town of Kétou has 181 653 inhabitants and 15 hospitals that provide health care in all different disciplines of medicine. The Centre de Santé de Kétou is the largest and most prominent of those hospitals. Other, more peripheral health centres, have nurses, midwives and caregivers but no doctors. Cases that require a doctor’s attention are thus sent to the Centre de Santé de Kétou in order to be handled by qualified personnel.
Mission objectives :
- Assess overall physical layout and setup of the pharmacy, identify weak spots and help with the organization of drugs as per WHO standards to improve security and care provided
- Train the personnel on hand and offer recommendations and suggestions pertaining to stock management, including and more particularly how to preserve medications, ordering of medications, handling back orders, dealing with expired medications
- Assess and, if need be, improve drug dispensing at the centre for in-patients and out-patients alike
- Follow up on the protocols implemented by the previous team (be it for stock management, drug dispensing, pharmacy layout…) and make sure that personnel are well trained to carry out their duties
- Identify follow up objectives for the next team visiting the centre
Missions usually last around four weeks.
Two to three pre-mission meetings and one post mission meeting will be required with the Mission Leader. The mission will include at a minimum a pharmacist, occasionnally accompanied by pharmacy students and pharmacy technicians.
- Please note that no compensation is provided for the volunteers. The following costs must be assumed by the volunteers, approximately 4000$CDN.
- Local transportation in connection with the mission
- Entry VISA to Benin
- Travel Insurance
Please send your application as follows:
Motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae at http://psfcanada.org/benevole-volunteer.asp
For more information, contact Mary Ghattas, Benin Mission Lead at email@example.com